Saturday, November 15, 2008

You Can Quote Me on This

Have you ever noticed yourself quoting movies, TV shows, songs, or books in your everyday conversations? I have come to discover that I quote movies and TV a lot. Most of it is with Whitney, but I do it with other people too. It's really hard (that's what she said) not to use these quotes. At work the other day the company provided lunch for the employees. It was Chicken Cordon Blue, corn, salad, and mashed potatoes. If you know me you know what's coming. These mashed potatoes are so creamy. Caesar Romero was tall. Only one person at my table laughed. Oh well. I guess not everyone has my sense of humor. I guess I'll just have to hang in there like the little boy cat. Nailed it. Like many people, I have a lot of things I quote, but I have discovered that I quote some things more than others. Here is how I would list the top shows/movies I quote by percentage.

45% The Office




45% Psych



10% Other assorted movies/shows

I guess even Bruton Gastor would be able to tell what my favorite shows are right now. What is interesting is that most of the stuff I quote is from comedy shows. I just thought it would be fun find out what other people like to quote. Leave your own list in comments.

In case anybody was wondering, I do not have a deep seeded jealousy for a tiny little boy cat.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Inappropriate Jeff! That's what
I said!

Kris said...

I have to say you choose from the masters! Doug is a big quoter and people don't get his humor either. We also like to use the literary genious of "The Office." A few of Doug's favorite quotes are
#1 "Thats what she said"
#2 "Bumblebee Tuna"
#3 "You know I don't speak Spanish!"
#4 "Sometimes I like to wear stretchy pants"

Spencer T said...

i quote stuff all the time too. Kelly doesn't get most of the old stuff i quote so lately it's about 95% the Office. I watch a lot of TV b/c i have an enormous amount of trouble getting people to come to my place. I can't tell you how much leftover guacamole i've eaten over the years. I don't know why i make it in such great quantities. btw, i'm glad your having a baby. Babies are one of my many areas of expertise. Growing up i performed my own circumcision.

Amy said...

Hey, we quote those too!