Sunday, March 15, 2009

Winter Hibernation

I have noticed that since Christmas break there have been a lot of people who have fallen behind in posting on their blog, me included. I am going to chalk it up to hibernating for the winter. But now that it is spring time this big bear is waking from his slumber. I am hoping to start using my blog as more of a journal (since I don't keep one regularly).

A lot has happened since I last posted. Christmas, my birthday (29 years old!), moving out of the house into an apartment, and the biggest of all, the birth of my first child, Justin James Larson. It is hard to express orally or in written word the feelings of being a father and holding your son for the first time. It was amazing! Just look at this picture.



The joy burst in my chest when I saw him and heard his little squeak. I had such a huge smile on my face for hours and hours. I also can't describe the feelings of joy in my heart and on Whit's face when she got to hold little Justin. The look of happiness and love on her face made me beam. What a wonderful family I have and how blessed of Lord I am.

My time is busier now trying to figure out how to be a daddy and take care of Whit at the same time. I am worried as much or more for her as I am for him. I just know that the Lord is blessing us everyday.

I am surprised at how easy it is for me to take care of the "yucky" stuff. The things that grossed me out before seem to have no effect on me. I guess I am just good at dealing with what needs to be done. I also suppose Whit is going to use this to make me clean up the throw up. Until next time, Have a great day!

5 comments:

Spencer T said...

that is awesome! i'm so glad you posted! Also, the bracket thing i was going to take care of at work. and we've got to get BoomHarangue going again. Also, i need to talk to you soon.

Spencer T said...

i meant at work today! sorry for the weirdness.

Josh said...

I was thinking we should be hearing something soon.. Congratulations! I know what you mean about the yucky stuff not seeming yucky anymore. Weird, huh.

Kris said...

Congrats! I'm glad he is healthy and doing so great!

Kelly said...

That's such a great picture! I'm glad you're loving being a dad so much. You're gonna be great! We miss your little family so much.