Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life rolls on

Life just seems to fly by. I try to keep up with my blog but it just doesn't happen. I made my last post with full intention of posting again quickly and low and behold it is months before I get around to it again. It doesn't help being gone from the house for 12 hours Monday-Thursday. It doesn't leave a lot of time in the evenings to do things like blog. I have to many other really important things to do, like spend time with Whit and Justin.

I love being a dad. I just feel my heart swell with love and hope and happiness whenever I look at, think about, play with, or hear about my wonderful son. What a blessing Heavenly Father has given to me and Whit. Justin is such a character. He never wants to smile once he sees the camera or the webcam, but we can usually coax out some laughs and smiles if we are tricky enough. He has no problem smiling or laughing when the camera isn't on.

He is also so curious. He loves to look around the room and see what is going on. Sometimes he cries and you can't figure out why, but then you sit him up and turn him to see the room and he calms right down. It is really funny to see him get frustrated. This has started recently. He will be trying to do something like play with a hanging toy or with a chewie book and when he can't get it to do what he wants he throws a little tantrum for a second. He stomps his feet yells. But he stops as soon as he starts and he is back to concentrating on doing something with his toy. He has also been sleeping through the night. At first it was 6 hours and now it is 8 hours. We have been waking up at those times to make sure he is eating. He then usually goes back to sleep for 3-4 more hours. Everyone tells us how lucky we are.

I have been called into the Young Men again. This time I am the second counselor in the YM Presidency. That means I am over the Deacons. It is a small quorum but it has been interesting. They are a lot different than teachers. I really think there is something that happens when kids become teenagers. They just act differently. Whit has been called as the primary pianist again. She loves it.

Well this is long enough for now. I will post a couple of pictures for your enjoyment.





3 comments:

Amy said...

Jeff, he has your nose for sure! He is so cute. He has changed so much since we saw him in April. It is crazy how much they change in such a short little time. Babies especially. I hope you have fun in Utah for the 4th. Are you going to go see the Jonas Brothers? Belle wants a pic, if you do. HA HA HA!

Whitney said...

Oh thats my sweet boy! I love my big JJ and my little JJ! :)

Stephanie said...

Love to read your blog! Cute pictures too.