Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Television Heaven

Some of you already know this as I have talked with you about televisions. My dream television (though I will be the first to admit that future TVs are sure to pass it in time) will be coming out soon. It is a Vizio VP505VXT 50" 1080p plasma TV.



I love this TV. It is a plasma, which I love because of the great colors, deep blacks, and smooth motion. It is nice that it is 1080p because it will be future proof for the next little while. But the thing that I like best is the Silicon Optix chip. This thing is awesome. It helps to process the input to make it the best possible picture. Check out the technology at the website by clicking the link above.

Despite all the love I have for this TV there is one thing I wish it had, a wireless card and the ability to be a media center extender. I love windows media center and it would be awesome to be able to connect the TV to my computer.

Anyway, I won't be getting it anytime soon. So it is just a dream for awhile.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Just a dream! MAn when I saw the title of your post on my google reader I thought you'd just gotten a new fancy TV! Then I clicked on your name to get to your blog and read that its just a great description of a fancy new tv. One day!! We're so glad you called the other night. It was so fun to see y'all.

Josh said...

here's my philosophy (and remember this is coming from a guy with 2 ten-year-old cars, no house, but has a 42 inch LCD). If we hadn't bought that TV, we would have nickeled and dimed ourselves out of the money on eating out, movies, ice cream, etc. Not like the money would be sitting in the bank right now. GO FOR IT!

Spencer T said...

josh's philosophy did sound appealing! My problem with upgrading will be not making it the focal point of my life.

Unknown said...

That's a great tv. I recently got the LCD version of the XVT and I like quite a bit. The price of these is amazing for the quality you get.

Here's the one that I got.

http://www.vizio.com/productDetails.aspx?id=1674&pid=1504