Friday, August 29, 2008

How do you stack four ton of hay? One bale at a time.

A few days ago, a man came and dropped off some hay for our horse. He brought us four ton of hay when my dad had only ordered 2 ton. Not only did he bring us more than we needed, but he pushed it off his tractor in one very tall stack. As happens in the Tri-Cities, the wind blew hard that night. You can guess what happened next, the stack fell over like Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall. Fortunately for Scott (my older brother) and I, we are not part of all the King's horses or all the King's men so we were able to put it back together again. We also had Whit snap a few pictures of our exploits. Have a gander.



Can you see the fallen stack on the left?



You gotta lift with your legs.



You tend to get a little dirty with all the sweat and flecks of hay flying around.



The stacking job is done!



I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

so you really DO live on a farm! no, I wasn't skeptical about that but its fun to see pictures. Looks like quite a project you had on your hands. Good thing you have a brother around close to help out! Hopefully we'll see y'all soon!

Stephanie said...

I love the proof. What great memories. I miss going to the fair! I am glad it's you stacking hay and not me :)